The 602nd Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron was activated on 10 June 1949 at Birkenfeld, Germany - in the French Zone. The 602nd AC&W Squadron was permanently assigned to Giebelstadt in August 1956. That started the longest stay of any US forces to be assigned to Giebelstadt as the 602nd AC&W Squadron remained active on the base until 1968.
Lt Col James C Smith was Commander of the 602nd AC&W Squadron at Giebelstadt in 1957-1958.
|Return to the Details Page|
|Return to Top of Page|
This page is located at
Updated: December 25, 2003